View Profile ZetoSoul

26 Movie Reviews

This is funny. It needs to be a full movie.

Let's all kiss Fro on his bald head.

Fro responds:

Please be gentle its sun burnt right now.

Pretty funny. I didn't expect that ending.

Can I get a link to the music that was in the cartoon?

8 Audio Reviews

I sense some sort of urgency when the track starts. The strings that back the track certainly do have a light feeling accompanying that, so I can see how flying inspired that. It seems somewhat conflicted, but I understand that is what you are going for. I can picture this playing during some sort of montage where we see a character growing and overcoming a fear or a climactic moment. It is a composition that builds up just fine.

Despite that slight bit of drama in there, it does sound chill. Not a bad track to study to or put in the background while you are doing something.

Good track. I wouldn’t mind hearing what else you have cooking up.

I notice the music starts out with sad sort of sound. (Obviously, right?) Those secondary piano notes are more spaced out, so it does start off with a feeling of distance. Steady tempo, the notes begin to get a bit more dramatic as it goes which is interesting. Then there’s slight burst with strong backing melody. Maybe that represents some sort of hope? It begins to quiet again, but there is a tenderness to that segment, and it sounds nice. It returns to something more like what we had initially, but with this more “echo” effect to it. It seamlessly segues into the actual beginning which I think is an appealing effect.

From what I can tell, you’re quite the fan of Yoko Shimomura’s work. It shows throughout this piece and I think you did quite a good job emulating her work while still putting a slight twist into your own composition.

Got to admit that I am not a musician at all, but I think what you’ve done sounds fairly pleasant despite the bittersweet tone you’ve gone for. I suppose I should study sound mixing and music theory to give you a better critique next time.

Overall, a nice sounding composition. Keep up the good work.

Troisnyx responds:

Thank you for the thought you put into this review! ^_^

I don't know if I'd necessarily say I'm enamoured by Shimomura's work, but hearing her work (among others) was certainly formative to me as a teenager writing loops of my own.

The common thread that runs through a lot of my work is the interlacing of sadness with hope. Even in things that depict bleak subjects, there's still that undercurrent of hope that many listeners pick up on, and I'm grateful that you picked up on that. ^_^

The music sounds really good. I would say to shorten that opening part of the song by a couple of seconds. Besides that, the lyrics are a bit quiet and get lost compared to the instruments, but I'm sure that will be fixed by the time the final version releases.

You guys have a good base here and I would like to listen to the released version when that comes around.

PenisPolice responds:

Thank you so much!

64 Art Reviews

Pretty good. Looks like you came out of an Art Academy.

I have got to admit there's something really emotional about this and all your pieces in general. I know that you have already admitted that your paintings are basically just shitposts, but it feels like it's something more than that at times.

You put all these wildly different and unrelated characters together into absurd melodramatic scenarios, yet I can still feel the impact somehow. These are beloved characters who have stood the test of time and you've rendered them in a way that makes them feel more real sometimes. These are characters we have all felt connected with and you've linked them to each other and your continued production of these pieces begins to feel like a larger narrative and that there's coincidentally something bigger happening in the background that will never be revealed to us.

I can see the remorse in Stan Smith's face and his almost limp stance. Canonically, he's a guy that puts up a good fight but rarely kills. Now he's forced to take the life of a young boy who's been toyed with by destiny and never wanted to do any actual harm to anyone.

Shinji Ikari is known as an a emotional kid - a butt of many jokes - but he cries for a good reason. Nobody really cared about him, he's sexually frustrated, and he went from that quiet kid in the corner to having an apocalypse on his shoulders. Everything he had to go through and all the tough decisions he had to make: all equated to him pathetically holding back his tears to what everyone considered an ignorant, brutish buffoon - an ignorant, brutish buffoon that usually had his heart in the right place.

Stan and Shinji are similar in a sense that they're overly emotional characters forced to make decisions that neither are mentally sound enough to make. I will never understand what brought these two together and perhaps you'll never give me the answer (and I doubt you even know yourself), but whatever it was, I can only imagine the breathtaking and suspenseful moments that build up to this gut-wrenching scene.

Even though you create these on the daily, it does not feel rushed. I can still tell that you did these somewhat quickly considering the characters have a slight stiffness to them, the proportions can feel a bit off, and the texture can feel minimal, but that doesn't diminish how impressive what you do is. The characters in the paintings still remarkably feel like themselves and look surprisingly natural together despite coming from animated productions that don't seem anything alike. The dramatic lighting is rather well done and the color choices feel appropriate so that it ties the contrasting characters together along with the story. The background does feel a bit hasty and ambiguous. but still manages to appear appropriate.

Even though you humbly title your artwork as "daily shitposts", the great presentation almost convinces me that there's more to it lurking within even though you probably didn't intend that. I guess it's one of those weird "death of the artist" things or whatever, but I hope you found my bizarre, drawn out interpretation and ramblings to feel amusing and flattering. It perhaps says something about your skill and your sense of humor that I can say all of this for whatever weird reason that compels me.

Whether or not you read all of that above, I hope you have a good day and keep up the good work. Please be a good person and do not disappoint me.

Have a nice day.

bodko responds:

Thank you for writing all that! I can't speak to any real deeper meaning but I'm glad my silly drawings can give people so much to think about. I really appreciate the critique and comments.

I saw the yellow guy on TV last night on a commercial. I love Bran Flakes. What a nice cereal box.

Welcome to "ZetoSoul", your #1 source of ZetoSoul and ZetoSoul-related content on the world wide web!
I am open to collaboration.

Male